Imagine you are reading a book in your room when the temperature outside has plunged in Phoenix. Engrossed in the book, you suddenly realize that something is wrong. The boundary between the temperature outside and inside of your home is vanishing? It’s your heater that has spoiled your time for now. In that matter, heating repair in Phoenix, AZ will help you a lot.
That’s when you start thinking of getting a heating service in Phoenix, AZ. But wait, have you tried some basic troubleshooting? Possibly, it’s just a minor issue and can be fixed at home. In this 5 minute read, we talk about the first steps to follow when you find that your heater is not working. Moreover, we’ll also help you find the best heating repair.
Things to Watch Out For first If You Detect Any Problem:
Note the points below if the heater is working out of the ordinary or not working at all. These are the basic steps to be taken for a layman. Before looking for a heating service, give this a try, and you might avoid spending unnecessarily.
- It can be the filter: If the air filter is filled with dust, it will put a strain on your heater. Apart from checking the air filter manually, try remembering when was the last time you thought about them. Might help!
- Change the setting: Try changing the heater setting between ‘auto’ and ‘on’. Possibly, the heater is not blowing the hot air as you require since it’s on auto.
- The power button: No kidding, but this happens so often that we tend to overlook it. The on/off button of the heater can be switched accidentally, especially if the kids and pets are experimenting.
- Tripped fuse or broken wire: Check the wiring that runs through the device and power plug. Go ahead if you think you can fix the broken wire. Besides, look for a tripped electrical breaker. Mostly, it will start working again after resetting the trip.
If it’s not the case from the above, probably it’s time to dial a furnace repair in Phoenix.
When To Seek Professional Help?
Sometimes, the heater equipment can fall into destructive issues that are best left upon professionals. If you observe the following tell-tale signs, waste no time calling a reputed heating contractor in Phoenix, AZ.
- Limit switch trips: The heater limit switch is an auto safety feature that shuts off the device above a certain temperature. If the limit switch has tripped, it means that the temperature inside the heater has gone way too high. Therefore, in such a case, it is essential to let a technician handle the situation.
- Gas smell: It can never be a normal scenario to smell gas in your house. If you smell a gas odor, the first thing to do is shut off the heater and open the windows. Wait for the repair persons to arrive.
- Unusual noise: Never ignore any unusual noise such as rattling and whistling from the heater. Seek emergency repair service before the system breaks down.
Fridgco Refrigeration and Heating is a leading name that is the authentic HVAC Contractor in Phoenix. With outstanding customer service and quality repairs, Fridgco Refrigeration and Heating is a top choice for your heater repair needs. Our services are provided by experts at an affordable rate.